Thursday, October 31, 2013

Shadow of the Wolf is #1 - Sorta

Last night, Halloween  eve no less, SHADOW OF THE WOLF was given the nod by Lousy Book Covers. They gave me the full treatment. They hated the girl, they hated the wolf, they hated the moon, they hated the typeface, they hated the testimonial and the blurb and most of all they hated the girl's cleavage.  Pretty much it was an overall hatefest.
What's more they chose to put me in with some very interesting company.
 
Take a look at some of the covers that also won this "honor."

 Lousy Book Covers - Shadow of the Wolf. 

The one of the left is one of the better example and the link will take you to others, plus the commentary on my cover.

You gotta love these ladies and gentlemen (???) or you'll end up crying and I have no intentions of doing that. Whatever the offense of this cover -- and it does have some issues -- a cover is meant to draw attention to a book, especially in the Amazon bookstore where there are pages and pages of covers. The bright lettering on this cover serves that purpose and the sales increase since I changed up the earlier cover proves to me that this cover is doing its job. What a cover isn't  supposed to do is conform to some random strangers' idea of how it should look. So trash away, Lousy Book Covers, because I'm standing firm.

The hardest thing for me to understand in all this is why people waste their time writing such malicious nonsense about me and other independent authors. Isn't there something constructive they could do with their time?

You might ask the same of me. Why am I spending valuable writing time responding to this attack? I gave it some thought and it occurred to me that for the life of this book that  cover review will pop up in search engine results. I'd like to have my rebuttal pop up with it.

In the meantime, I'm going to bask in being #1 and treat it like another honor.

How about you? Have you or your books been the target of some out-of-the blue attack by a blogger or a book reviewer or even a website critic. If so, I'd love to hear your story. If I get enough of these stories I'd like to write a composite about cyber-attacks and how we all handle them.

In the meantime, Happy Halloween.
--Connie
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ConnieFlynn
Email: connieflynn@yahoo.com
Website, http://connieflynn.com
Subscribe to Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/qOHbT

To Connie Flynn's Website

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on being #1, Connie!! LOL. Just keep laughing all the way to the bank! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I'm thinking. Thanks for the second vote :-)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome